Sunday, August 30, 2009

Choosing Love

I think one of the things that I reminded of as I talk to my wonderful parents (who will be married for 43 years in November), as I talk to my wonderful friends (both the married ones and the single ones) and as I look at my past relationships etc is that love is a choice. Every day, every hour, every minute. When you wake up and see that person laying next to you (messy or gorgeous), you have to decide that for this day, this hour, this minute you will love them. And you have to continue to make that choice all throughout that day, that hour, that minute. And then when you lay down next to that person at night (or in your own bed but still in the relationship) you have to choose again to love that person through the night, the hour, the minute.
The only problem is that you can't be sure that the person you are choosing to love is choosing to love you back. Tricky thing this love, isn't it? I just wanted people to know that love is an emotion but in a relationship it is a CHOICE. I hope that all my readers choose love at some point and are chosen in love by your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment