Monday, January 10, 2011

Unavailable... who me?!

So, through the site I mentioned before - Baggage Reclaim - I've been doing some reading and discovery... and it's been a LOT of the latter. I've completed the short packet on Getting Unstuck, although I am still not unstuck. I think to be unstuck, I have a little more to learn about the role I've been playing in my own disasters. I know, I know... I've said for years that something must be wrong with myself for all these relationships to fail like they do... and there IS something wrong with me!! And for once I am not coming from a place of self-pity and woe when I say that! On Natalie's site (Baggage Reclaim) she has some very insightful blog entries and her eBooks. I've just begun the one entitled Mr. Unavailable and the Fallback Girl. I would never, ever in a million years think I was the fallback girl, but just 11 pages in and I know I am her. *sigh*
Natalie's book comes from her own story and experience and it feels like she crawled inside my head with the insights she shares. And my favourite part is that these emotionally unavailable people aren't just the single folk out there (so watch out married and/or committed folk... you could be one too!!). It makes it feel better to know that being emotionally unavailable isn't the disease of the single, it's the disease of humanity as we all struggle with it from time to time... some of us more than others.
I can't wait to read the rest of the book... please check back often for updates of what I'm getting out of it (hope you will be getting something out of it too) and check out Natalie's sight and her books! They are well worth the time and money if what I've read so far is any indication!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment