Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tested

So after my post about Steve Harvey's book and my confusion post, I sat and thought about what was going on with Will and the whole confusion aspect. I wrote to a very good friend of mine about it to see what she had to say and she just validated the confusion that I was feeling and inspired me to be the woman that I want to be. I sent him a message detailing my expectations and feelings about the whole thing. I don't have any response from him yet but that's on him, not me. I feel like for the first time, I am displaying the standards that I know are true to what I deserve.

What are those standards? Let me tell you:

I expect a man to profess his love and intentions for me in words and actions. One cannot be enough, I expect both.

I expect a man to provide for me physically, emotionally and, above all, spiritually.

I expect a man to protect me in those same realms.

I expect his honesty, his honour and his respect in dealing with me at all times.

I don't think that these things are too much. In fact, I know that they aren't because if he is a man of his word and of the WORD, he will easily be able to do these things for the woman he loves and intends to spend his life with.

I was tested by what Will sent me and I sent the above message right back at him! I want him to know that I am a woman of standards and that if he is unable to meet those, then we best stay friends only.

I'll update you on how it goes... *sigh* Keep me in your prayers that I am able to stay by my standards as I've been known to weaken before.

No comments:

Post a Comment