Sunday, May 9, 2010

Packing Up

So, if you know me, you know I am moving to Ankara, Turkey in August. So I am packing up my house in the US as I prepare to go home to Canada for the summer. But as I pack up my home, I think about packing up my dating life here in the US. I've had some of my lowest lows here and so packing that up is going to be easy, in fact, I won't even take that with me. The lowest lows are going into the trash with all the junk I've managed to accumulate over the last 2 years. But I have also had some fun times here too. Some I will tuck away into the storage of my mind and bring out to enjoy from time to time, and some I will toss out, even though they weren't bad. But there was one really amazing date/man here and I'm having the hardest time packing that away. I want to take him with me everywhere, but not packed away as a distant, past memory. I want to take him with me as a person in the present... but, unfortunately, that's not going to happen. *sigh* So how do I do that? How do I pack away those feelings that I've developed for a man who has been in and out of my life this past year?

No comments:

Post a Comment