Friday, March 19, 2010

Question du Jour

SO lately, all my single, married or otherwise friends have been asking me if I want kids. To be honest, I love children. I love them more than life itself. I have dedicated my life to children and to bettering their lives. But to have my own, I don't know. I have never really thought that babies were great. I'll be honest. They are cute, they are beautiful, they are entertaining but I don't want to birth one or even hold one for more than a few minutes at a time. Do I think I'd be a great mom? ABSOLUTELY!!! I know that I would. I would have fears of course, but I know that overall I would be great at it. I was raised by a great mom, so I know I could do it. It's why guys with kids from previous marriages don't scare me, but being pregnant and birthing a child scares me senseless.... I guess at 34, I am at the age where clocks should be ticking and the switch to desperately desiring babies should be ticking... but it just isn't... *sigh* another abnormal part of me, I guess.

7 comments:

  1. Wow I had to catch up on your posts! I love the "new" sermon...it goes with your theme this year! The new you!! And hey I say have fun with those young'uns every chance you get!

    As for the clock..I think 34 is too young to hear it. Most of my friends whose clocks started ticking were in their late 30s. So watch out!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are NOT abnormal... you are just you. Robyn doesn't want kids either. I think it's healthy to recognize that about yourself and not feel like you have to conform!!!!! Besides which, you DO have 100's of kids all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always adopt an older child...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang, you said exactly the same thing a dozen or so years ago...you are who you are. Some people have kids and some don't. There are 2 fabulous teachers that I have looked up to as mentors who loved the kids they taught but were never parents themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kris... wish the rest of the world thought like you and my other friends do... people seem to think a woman isn't whole unless she has a baby or a child... kids don't make me whole, the Lord does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voila ma Reponse du Jour :

    I never thought deeply of having a child, because i think the question really wouldn't come to me until the day i have everything to offer my kid a real loving family. Maybe we are in the same situation : we are loving and caring teachers but we havent start a family yet and it is ok, life is still beautiful and can be very busy too without a baby! yes, there is other ways to spread Love in this world than making babies, and they are meaningfull too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heartbreak can cause emotional damage,kindly look out for those cheating signs in your relationship and take your time before trusting people that you give them the right to mess with your heart. I recommend this cyber genius 'hackingloop6@gmail . com', if you want to find out if your partner is cheating on you, he's a legit and reliable hacker, he does all hacking stuff, and also improves Credit score, he is also reachable on WhatsApp + 1 484 540 - 0785,his services are affordable.

    ReplyDelete