Monday, June 21, 2010

Knowing When...

So, sometimes the hardest thing in a relationship is knowing when to let go. And that goes for all relationships: friendships, acquaintances, family relationships and dating relationships. It also happens to be a real weakness in me. I never seem to know when to let go. It's like a double-edged sword in a way. I am a giver in a relationship of just about any kind, I give and give and give. And it's not that I expect things in return necessarily, but I don't know how to let go once I've invested so much of myself mentally, physically, emotionally, financially or whatever the case may be, so eventually I get hurt. So, while I don't regret being a giver, I just wish I was better able to read the signs of when to let go of the relationship. Either that or I knew better which relationships to invest myself so fully into. Like I've said in past posts, I don't know how to love a little at a time or halfway, so I invest all of myself into every relationship I am in and then I get hurt. Perhaps it's just too intense for most people, and I get that, but I don't know how else to be. So, today, my prayer in being single is to have more wisdom and discernment in which relationships to get involved in and which ones to let go of.

1 comment:

  1. "I don't know how to love a little at a time or halfway, so I invest all of myself into every relationship I am in and then I get hurt."

    This is so me. the last posts I have read, up to your most current, are me and my current situation. I always know that someone somewhere is going through the exact same thing I am...
    I have finally let go of the toxic boy who was taking my heart for a hellacious roller coaster ride. It's a relief, above all things.

    I stumbled upon your blog just going through blogs with the next blog button at the top of the page, and I do believe I will keep reading. (hugs) to you...you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete