Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What I Deserve....

I really haven't blogged on this blog in a while. I have been talking to someone new and he seems really great but I've begun to question what I really want. He doesn't live right here either and it seems that he wants me to come and see him instead of coming down this way or meeting half way. So I began to think about what I deserve. I deserve first place ALWAYS! I mean, I know that there are times when I should choose to take second so that he can advance his career or whatever (the he in this case is no one in particular), but that would be because I was making HIM FIRST PLACE in my life.... which is what he would deserve. And I just think long distance isn't making me first place. I don't know... I am just not into making all the effort and then to be left hanging. That is what happened last time and if nothing else, I needed to learn from my mistakes right?
So here is what I deserve... my bucket list for a life-long relationship if you will:

I deserve to be the most important PERSON in his life (not the most important overall, that needs to be Christ).

I deserve to be treated like a queen.

I deserve to be forgiven when my stress and emotions get the better of me and I am not always nice.

I deserve to laugh a lot!

I deserve to feel safe and secure.

I deserve open and HONEST communication at ALL times, no exceptions.

Of course if I deserve these things, the man that I am in that relationship with would also deserve the same from me....

Not too much to ask, is it? I see lots of people getting these things in their relationships but I don't seem to be able to find that for mine... hence the title of Chronically Single...

1 comment: